[asterisk-dev] move monitor from one channel to another

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:52:19 CDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For debugging purposes I monitor bridged fax calls. This is a problem if
> the incoming channel changes to T.38 (I use the FaxGateway application
> from bugtracker to make T.38-gatewaying). In this case I want to move
> the monitor from the incoming channel to the outgoing channel and swap
> directions, e.g:
>
>  outchannel->monitor = inchannel->monitor;
>  inchannel->monitor = NULL;
>  temp = outchannel->monitor->read_stream;
>  outchannel->monitor->read_stream = outchannel->monitor->write_stream;
>  outchannel->monitor->write_stream = temp;
>
> Would this work? Do I have to apply any locks or is it safe inside by
> bridge-application?

Ummm, maybe I just don't understand T.38, but I think you are mistaken.
The reason you're not getting a recording with T.38 is because it goes
out-of-band, and is no longer audio.

You can hear traditional audio faxing because that works by sending
tones in a human hearing range.