[asterisk-dev] move monitor from one channel to another

Fri Mar 12 10:41:42 CST 2010

Hi!

For debugging purposes I monitor bridged fax calls. This is a problem if
the incoming channel changes to T.38 (I use the FaxGateway application
from bugtracker to make T.38-gatewaying). In this case I want to move
the monitor from the incoming channel to the outgoing channel and swap
directions, e.g:

  outchannel->monitor = inchannel->monitor;
  inchannel->monitor = NULL;
  temp = outchannel->monitor->read_stream;
  outchannel->monitor->read_stream = outchannel->monitor->write_stream;
  outchannel->monitor->write_stream = temp;

Would this work? Do I have to apply any locks or is it safe inside by
bridge-application?

thanks
klaus