[asterisk-dev] New Spandsp FAX Backend

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Mar 6 06:53:02 CST 2010

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> What't the current state of this branch - is it still a branch or is it
> already merged to trunk?

You should watch the asterisk-commits mailing list... it was merged last
week.

> Further, I wonder about the implications of this new fax backend for
> T.38 Gatewaying (e.g. https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13405).
>
> Should a gatewaying function also be implemented using this fax backend?

That will be the next major step, yes. Matt has a task on his near-term
list to get a discussion going on this list, and a document written,
about how we want to build gateway functionality in Asterisk. The
current patch in the issue tracker works, but it's not the right
solution architecturally except for some limited use cases.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com