[asterisk-dev] GSoC 2010 - Calling for Project Ideas and Mentors

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 3 10:58:34 CST 2010

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> - small project: program some video tools to convert between Asterisk's
> internal video file format and standard video formats (mp4, mkv, avi, 3gp)

This brings to mind something I thought of while traveling late last
year: we should build support for using OGG containers for *all* of our
audio and video formats, instead of using our own made-up formats. This
would take some work to figure out how to get Asterisk to find the right
file for each format, since today it does based on file extension, but
it's worth considering, as the files would be much more useful outside
of Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com