[asterisk-dev] Dahdi not building under FC13?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jun 29 00:29:50 CDT 2010

On 6/28/10 2:10 PM, Oron Peled wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 בJune 2010 23:50:43 Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> Yeah, sorry, I'm cross-compiling.
>>
>> The cross-compile worked fine with F12.  But breaks with F13.
>>
>> Which is very odd, because very little changed between the two (or at
>> least, between F12-updated and F13 initial).
>>
>> I'll try building everything again, including my toolchain from scratch.
>>

>> On 6/27/10 2:37 PM, Oron Peled wrote:
>>
>>> A wild guess -- you have an old kernel tree and you use its binaries
>>> (in the scripts/ subdirectories) to build new DAHDI-linux. The best
>>> shot is to make a complete 'distclean' of the kernel itself,
>>> reconfigure and re-build it -- only than try to build DAHDI-linux
>>> against this kernel.
>>>
> 1. Are you sure you did a 'make distclean' on the *kernel* tree?
>     The reason I ask, is to make sure all<kernel>/scripts/ files
>     are rebuilt from scratch with your new toolchain.

The superclean blows away the target build and the toolchain build.
Everything gets built from scratch.

And after doing so, there was no change.

> 2. A second simple test is to try and run modpost without any arguments
>     so we see if it crashes right away or not -- in the first case that's
>     probably a toolchain problem, in the second case it something more
>     complicated than this.

[philipp at builder ~/kernel]$ pushd build_i586/linux-2.6.27.42-astlinux/
~/kernel/build_i586/linux-2.6.27.42-astlinux ~/kernel
[philipp at builder linux-2.6.27.42-astlinux]$ scripts/mod/modpost
[philipp at builder linux-2.6.27.42-astlinux]$ popd
~/kernel
[philipp at builder ~/kernel]$

> 3. Can you successfully cross-compile your kernel and boot your device from
>     it? If yes, can you compile and load an empty module?
>     I.e: try to verify the problems are DAHDI related, or maybe they are
>     general problems in your kernel/build environment.
>
> Hope it helps,

Just to be clear: nothing changed how we were building astlinux, other
than the fact that we did a bump of the host system software that we
were building on from FC12 to FC13.

-Philip