[asterisk-dev] Dahdi not building under FC13?

Oron Peled oron.peled at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 28 16:10:13 CDT 2010

On Sunday, 27 בJune 2010 23:50:43 Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Yeah, sorry, I'm cross-compiling.
>
> The cross-compile worked fine with F12.  But breaks with F13.
>
> Which is very odd, because very little changed between the two (or at
> least, between F12-updated and F13 initial).
>
> I'll try building everything again, including my toolchain from scratch.

> On 6/27/10 2:37 PM, Oron Peled wrote:
> > A wild guess -- you have an old kernel tree and you use its binaries
> > (in the scripts/ subdirectories) to build new DAHDI-linux. The best
> > shot is to make a complete 'distclean' of the kernel itself,
> > reconfigure and re-build it -- only than try to build DAHDI-linux
> > against this kernel.

1. Are you sure you did a 'make distclean' on the *kernel* tree?
   The reason I ask, is to make sure all <kernel>/scripts/ files
   are rebuilt from scratch with your new toolchain.

2. A second simple test is to try and run modpost without any arguments
   so we see if it crashes right away or not -- in the first case that's
   probably a toolchain problem, in the second case it something more
   complicated than this.

3. Can you successfully cross-compile your kernel and boot your device from
   it? If yes, can you compile and load an empty module?
   I.e: try to verify the problems are DAHDI related, or maybe they are
   general problems in your kernel/build environment.

Hope it helps,

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron