[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 Merge Window

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Tue Jun 22 17:05:21 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 19:13 +0200, marek cervenka wrote:
> > What is fax good for? Are there not exciting forward looking
> > developments that would better position asterisk for the future? Has
> > asterisk joined the telephony establishment?
>
> i don't like fax. it's old problematic crap
>
> but
>
> in the "real world" a lot of people still need a reliable fax

Neither do i.

At my first encouter with a fax, i thought it was a paper shredder.
After having to used it, i came to the conclusion that my assumption was
correct....

It is museum technology (like telex), but in some countries it is still
the only legal (binding) way of electronically sending papers.
Not everywhere one can use PKI for digitally signing contracts.