[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Remove need for registration strings in sip.conf

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jun 18 09:30:04 CDT 2010

18 jun 2010 kl. 16.02 skrev Paul Belanger:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Dmitry Andrianov
> <Dmitry.Andrianov at dataart.com> wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, how does this work with realtime peers?
>>
> This would obviously need to be tested, but since the patch is not
> removing logic existing systems are safe.

Register=yes does not work with realtime.

The configuration in sip.conf is fast going down to something we can't document, since you're expanding type=peer beyond what we can explain...
I never liked this hybrid and think this is just going from bad to worse...

We need to seriously work with building a product that can be explained, documented and taught in classes. Not patch, patch, patch
and add stuff that doesn't work together. Like the TLS stuff that breaks the domain concept totally. Bad architecture. Desperate need
for checkbox items, but not a good product solution. Nothing we can be proud of.  Grrr...

Yes, it's thunder and rain outside ;-)

/O