[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] chan_sip: Make the session-timers 'require: timer' header an option

Darren Sessions dmsessions at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 08:25:42 CDT 2010

So, just to review and make sure we're all on the same page, here is
what I think we've all come up with before I get to coding the changes
. .

Modes:

refuse:
 Do not run session-timers in any case

accept:
 Run session-timers only when requested by other user agent.
 Adds supported-header to inbound and outbound calls.

originate:
 Request and run session-timers if UA supports them.
 Adds supported-header to inbound and outbound calls.

require:
 Basically the existing 'originate' mode.
 Request and run session-timers always
 Adds supported-header and require-header to inbound and outbound
calls even if supported-header is not received.