[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.33-rc2 and 1.6.2.9-rc3 Now Available

Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Thu Jun 10 14:48:54 CDT 2010

The Asterisk Development Team has announced new release candidates of Asterisk
for versions 1.4.33 and 1.6.2.9. These releases are available for immediate
download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/

These releases resolve two issues reported by the community:

  * Fix Debian init script to not use -c.

    When using the init script as-is currently, it could cause issues on Debian
    such as high CPU usage. This fix has worked for several people so I'm
    implementing the change. We now handle color displays properly.

    (Closes issue #16784. Reported, tested by pabelanger. Patched by tilghman)

  *  Ensure signals are not blocked inside other signal handlers.

     This eliminates the annoying <beep> on the console.

     (Closes issue #17477. Reported by jvandal. Patched by tilghman)

For a full list of changes in the current release candidates, please see the
ChangeLogs:

http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/ChangeLog-1.4.33-rc2
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/ChangeLog-1.6.2.9-rc3

Issues found in these release candidates should be reported to the Asterisk
issue tracker at https://issues.asterisk.org

Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!