[asterisk-dev] temporary PauseQueueMember

Milo van der Zee milo at vanderzee.org
Tue Jun 1 04:23:18 CDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to add an option to PauseQueueMember to make the pausing
temporary. Something like t(45) for a pause of 45 seconds.

Why?
I'm using a queue and when an employee answers the queue to stop the
ringing it sometimes happens that the call still must be parked. But
when the call is parked the employee also receives other calls from the
queue. I would like the employee to only recieve parking timeouts. I did
that with PauseQueueMember when the call is parked and
UnpauseQueueMember when the parked call is picked. But when the parked
call is forgotten then the employees phone stays in paused state.

Any ideas on if I should add the option?

I looked at apps/app_queue.c and to me it looks like I could add a
struct member variable like "time_t pauseduntil".
In ring_entry() and in get_member_status() I would have to add something
like "time(NULL) < member->pauseduntil".

Thanks,
Milo van der Zee