[asterisk-dev] sip reload and autopeers

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sat Jul 31 09:07:57 CDT 2010

On 7/29/2010 2:49 PM, Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson wrote:
> Tried asking that on the users list, nobody could respond.
>
> I have many autoregistered SIP peers (autocreatepeer=yes) that are
> immediately dropped when I am reloading sip.conf.  That has been the
> case in all 1.6 versions; I am running 1.6.2.9 now.
>
> Is that a bug or a feature? Is `sip reload' supposed to work this way by
> design (and why)? Is there a workaround?

Sounds like autocreatepeer doesn't cache users upon reload. This would
be similar to having rtcache=no enabled when using realtime. I'm not
sure if this is a bug or a feature :)  Sounds like we might need an
autocreatepeercache=[yes|no] option, in which case this would be a
feature request.

Thanks!
Leif Madsen.