[asterisk-dev] Still running into build issues w/ trunk, bug 17720

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sat Jul 31 09:00:47 CDT 2010

On 7/30/2010 1:09 AM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>    On 7/29/10 4:34 PM, Leif Madsen wrote:
>>>>
>>> And this is the point that I've been trying to make.  That pkg-config is useless in cross-build environments.
>>>
>>> We're now on the same page.
>> Actually I took that to mean that the pg-config tool should be modified,
>> and not Asterisk.
>>
> Kevin was on the right track, that would be a solution... but it's not going to happen any time soon.

I don't see time to resolve an issue as the reason not to fix it correctly.

> A very similar "libtool is broken when cross-compiling" bug was filed over a year ago, and it has yet to be assigned or even verified.

I can't find this issue anywhere on the bug tracker. Can you be more
pedantic please?

> While Kevin's solution may be technically accurate, it's unlikely.
>
> At least not in anything resembling a workable timeframe.

Again, I don't see the length of time as the reason not to fix this
correctly.

> So moving on, what's the workaround we're going to go with?

I'm going to say the workaround is going to be the solution you develop
or some other community developer develops in the meantime until the
particular issue you're speaking of makes it up high enough on the
priority list to be resolved by someone else.

Leif Madsen.