[asterisk-dev] Still running into build issues w/ trunk, bug 17720

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Jul 30 00:09:56 CDT 2010

  On 7/29/10 4:34 PM, Leif Madsen wrote:
>    On 7/29/2010 5:56 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>>     On 7/29/10 1:57 PM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>>> Then what you are asking is for us to work around limitations of a tool
>>> that is provided for our use, rather than fixing the tool. As best I can
>>> tell, pg_config provides no facility to prefix the paths it outputs with
>>> the build root you've installed it into, which makes it nearly
>>> impossible to use in your environment. The proper solution to this
>>> problem is modify that tool to accept a '--destdir' or similar option,
>>> that it would use to prefix paths that it outputs that are to be used at
>>> compile time and link time, but not at run time.
>>>
>> And this is the point that I've been trying to make.  That pkg-config is useless in cross-build environments.
>>
>> We're now on the same page.
> Actually I took that to mean that the pg-config tool should be modified,
> and not Asterisk.
>
> Leif Madsen.

Kevin was on the right track, that would be a solution... but it's not going to happen any time soon.

A very similar "libtool is broken when cross-compiling" bug was filed over a year ago, and it has yet to be assigned or even verified.

While Kevin's solution may be technically accurate, it's unlikely.

At least not in anything resembling a workable timeframe.

So moving on, what's the workaround we're going to go with?