[asterisk-dev] Still running into build issues w/ trunk, bug 17720

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 29 13:38:04 CDT 2010

On 07/29/2010 01:27 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>   Filed this bug:
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17720
>
> In short, the current autoconf setup doesn't allow you to manually specify values (like PGSQL_INCLUDE) as parameters to ./configure...  It detects pg-config and grabs everything from there.

It's never going to allow you to specify PGSQL_INCLUDE. The configure
script relies on pg-config providing the correct values to be used, so
the only input you have into the process is telling the configure script
where pg-config can be found (or which version should be used).

> This is both a problem when cross-building, and when you have a private local library build of Postgres that you want to link and test against... and you don't want it seeing the host headers/libraries.
>
> This also affects more than just Postgres, it's a repeat of the issue we were seeing with netsnmp in 16991.
>
> Do we want to fix this in 1.8?
>
> And do we want to fix this piecemeal, or overhaul the autoconf stuff and scrub it clean in one go?
>
> I'd rather put this puppy to bed, because it keeps coming up in multiple manifestations, but it's not my call of course.

It should be fixed, if the correct version of pg-config is being called
but the output of that tool is not being properly utilized in the build
process. If there is no correct version of pg-config, or the version
that is pointed to does not produce the correct output, then the failure
is in the system installation, not in Asterisk's configure script.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com