[asterisk-dev] Still running into build issues w/ trunk, bug 17720

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Jul 29 13:27:18 CDT 2010

  Filed this bug:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17720

In short, the current autoconf setup doesn't allow you to manually specify values (like PGSQL_INCLUDE) as parameters to ./configure...  It detects pg-config and grabs everything from there.

This is both a problem when cross-building, and when you have a private local library build of Postgres that you want to link and test against... and you don't want it seeing the host headers/libraries.

This also affects more than just Postgres, it's a repeat of the issue we were seeing with netsnmp in 16991.

Do we want to fix this in 1.8?

And do we want to fix this piecemeal, or overhaul the autoconf stuff and scrub it clean in one go?

I'd rather put this puppy to bed, because it keeps coming up in multiple manifestations, but it's not my call of course.

Kevin?  Tilghman?

-Philip