[asterisk-dev] Asterisk doesn't read data from channel.

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jul 26 12:30:26 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 12:44 +0400, Andrey Kovalenko wrote:
> I'm trying to develop a custom Asterisk channel.
> Everything is fine, but one thing doesn't work:

If one thing doesn't work, then I guess everything is not fine.  :-)

> ast_channel_tech::read callback is never called.
> What should I do to make asterisk call it?
> Do I need to pass some parameters or return specific statuses on some
> function calls?

Asterisk polls on the file descriptors in the fds array on ast_channel.
You will need to provide a file descriptor that will alert the Asterisk
core when there is data ready to be read from your channel driver.  See
ast_channel_set_fd().

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software