[asterisk-dev] issue 0017689, FAXOPT(modem) settings for res_fax_digium

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 23 07:13:22 CDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 09:39 AM, Kristijan Vrban wrote:
> ...I am a little annoyed, because my bug report 0017689 was closed in
> less then 24h, and was complete misinterpreted.
>
> What i described was, that even when i set the modems via
> FAXOPT(modem)=V27,V29 spandsp also/still use V.17
> Because the information, that spandsp should use only V27,V29 is not
> passed to spandsp.
>
> tilghman wrote something about "licensing" It's not about "licensing",
> it is just to tell spandsp what modems is should not use.
>
> And during the closing of my bug report, Steve Underwood explained how
> to tell spandsp, which modems it should use:
>
> After initialising a FAX context, get a pointer to its underlying T.30
> context, and do:
> t30_set_supported_modems(t30, T30_SUPPORT_V27TER | T30_SUPPORT_V29);
>
> So i will try to build a patch for that issue with the information
> steve gave me. I hope you reopen 0017689.

You specify 'res_fax_digium' in your subject line here, but this post is
related to res_fax_spandsp.

In any case, Tilghman's response in that issue was not actually relevant
to the question you posed, and the issue should not have been closed.
The behavior you are seeing is clearly a bug, and may have occurred
during the migration from app_fax to res_fax/res_fax_spandsp.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com