[asterisk-dev] issue 0017689, FAXOPT(modem) settings for res_fax_digium

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:39:29 CDT 2010

...I am a little annoyed, because my bug report 0017689 was closed in
less then 24h, and was complete misinterpreted.

What i described was, that even when i set the modems via
FAXOPT(modem)=V27,V29 spandsp also/still use V.17
Because the information, that spandsp should use only V27,V29 is not
passed to spandsp.

tilghman wrote something about "licensing" It's not about "licensing",
it is just to tell spandsp what modems is should not use.

And during the closing of my bug report, Steve Underwood explained how
to tell spandsp, which modems it should use:

After initialising a FAX context, get a pointer to its underlying T.30
context, and do:
t30_set_supported_modems(t30, T30_SUPPORT_V27TER | T30_SUPPORT_V29);

So i will try to build a patch for that issue with the information
steve gave me. I hope you reopen 0017689.

kristijan