[asterisk-dev] Question regarding SMS(), SMSQ, SMSC

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Jul 22 13:01:30 CDT 2010

On 10-07-22 01:50 PM, AMARDEEP SINGH wrote:
> Scenario:
> -We use asterisk as voicemail server for our cellular network. Asterisk
> box is talking to Cell switch(GSM/VOIP/PSTN gateway) through sip.
> -Extensions in * are virtual, just for leaving and accessing voicemail.
>
> Requirement:
> Asterisk to send SMS to cell switch(running SMSC) on reception of new
> voicemail.
>
> Pointers required from Maillist users:
> -How can I make * talk to SMSC(ip address:port).
> -Anyone using similar topology?
> -there are not enough examples/man/maillist of using app_sms(), smsq.

Instead of using app_sms (which may or may not work, depending on what switch
you are talking to, what protocols are being used on your connection, which
carrier you're using, etc...) you may be able to use an external application
that is triggered via the 'externnotify' option in voicemail.conf.

Leif Madsen.