[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 Branch Creation

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jul 21 20:37:39 CDT 2010

On 10-07-21 07:03 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> If you have anything pending, please try to get it in as soon as
> possible.  If you have something that can't make it by Friday, but you
> think could be done in the next couple of weeks, then that's still a
> possibility.  Let's talk about it.

The only thing on my list that I really want to get in is the non-root install
branch by Paul Belanger as I think this would could go a long ways to making
Asterisk more secure by default.

As we're working on the next Asterisk book, I'd prefer that was in Asterisk 1.8
so we can document it for the next book edition. I've been testing it and it
seems pretty close. I know Paul has a few more things he needs to get done along
with documentation, so hopefully we can get it in within the next couple of
weeks if it's not ready to go by this Friday.

I think part of this is dependent on Paul's available time which I can't speak for.

Leif.