[asterisk-dev] 1.8 commit criteria

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jul 21 16:48:48 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 02:57:26PM -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>   Well, apparently asking on #asterisk-dev what the commit criteria are for a bug will get you muted on the channel.
>
> So if you don't see further email from me, assuming that asking the same question on the mailing list will get you unsubscribed.
>
> I'm trying to figure out what the cut-list criteria is for getting a fix into 1.8 is, which is in 2 days.
>
> In this particular case, the fix in question is bug 11688, which as
> you can see from the number has been around a number of years (and
> clearly not urgent or it would have gone in by now).
>
> It's a not-insignificant number of number of lines (17 hunks total),
> it applies to SLA, which is a fairly obscure feature which few people
> use, and only applies to SPA-94x handset users... which further
> narrows the field significantly.  If it were up to me, I'd be hesitant
> to commit it since it seems like a lot of risk for functionality that
> doesn't benefit a whole lot of people...

So, maybe it should be postponed to the next version? When would that
be?

1.6.0: Branched: Jan 18 2008, Released: Oct 01 21:22:08 2008
1.6.1: Branched: Aug 13 2008, Released: Aug 18 20:42:51 2009
1.6.2: Branched: Mar 16 2009, Released: Dec 17 20:31:38 2009

So does this mean an extra delay of 6-9 monthes in case it goes into
1.10 instead (Assuming somebody actually properly picks it up by then)?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com