[asterisk-dev] 1.8 commit criteria

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Jul 21 15:57:26 CDT 2010

  Well, apparently asking on #asterisk-dev what the commit criteria are for a bug will get you muted on the channel.

So if you don't see further email from me, assuming that asking the same question on the mailing list will get you unsubscribed.

I'm trying to figure out what the cut-list criteria is for getting a fix into 1.8 is, which is in 2 days.

In this particular case, the fix in question is bug 11688, which as you can see from the number has been around a number of years (and clearly not urgent or it would have gone in by now).

It's a not-insignificant number of number of lines (17 hunks total), it applies to SLA, which is a fairly obscure feature which few people use, and only applies to SPA-94x handset users... which further narrows the field significantly.  If it were up to me, I'd be hesitant to commit it since it seems like a lot of risk for functionality that doesn't benefit a whole lot of people...

I've never set up SLA before, so I don't know what a complete test set would look like.

I'm just trying to figure out if there are some simple, straightforward criteria that apply to triaging what will go into 1.8 this late in the game and what won't.

Hopefully someone can answer that in a professional way without letting their personal feelings get in the way.

Thanks,

-Philip