[asterisk-dev] Compilation Error - $100 USD Bounty

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Jul 21 12:19:43 CDT 2010

  On 7/21/10 9:00 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 19:44 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> FYI:  Posting bounties and then not responding when people approach you is an easy way to burn bridges when you need help in the future.
> Oh, so you're willing to fix build problems for a bounty?  All of the
> build problems you have had you put on mantis and then bring them up
> constantly on IRC to try and get others to fix them.  :-p

Well, every time I posted a bug *and* a fix, the fix was rejected because it didn't fit in the grand scheme of how the build system owners wanted things to evolve.

Given that this grand scheme isn't documented anywhere that I was aware of (indeed, from what I could tell, they were making it up as they went along), and any patches I continued to submit would continue to be rejected for reasons that I couldn't even guess in advance, I eventually stopped investing the effort.

Clearly they, and only they, understood how they wanted it to be fixed, and anything I tried to do would be clueless in their opinion.

What's the definition of insanity?  When you keep repeating the same action, but expecting a different outcome?

I'm not that crazy.  Yet.