[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Make ACLs IPv6-capable

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jul 15 16:26:50 CDT 2010

15 jul 2010 kl. 20.46 skrev Mark Michelson:

> On 07/15/2010 12:27 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> 15 jul 2010 kl. 16.15 skrev Simon Perreault:
>>

>>> Of course Asterisk could gently output a warning when parsing sip.conf
>>> if it encounters an ACL starting with ::ffff:... and with a netmask>= 96.
>>>
>> ACLs are used in many places, let's broaden the scope to not only include the current sip channel.
>> We need a solution that will apply for everything that uses ACLs.
>>
>> /O
>>
> I'm not following how what Simon said would only apply to SIP.
He said that since people configure bindaddr in sip.conf they will have to know that they enabled IPv6...
I am not sure that applies everywhere and in every distribution of Asterisk.

> The patch I'm writing will make ACLs generally IPv6-capable. The other
> channel drivers that use ACLs will not be able to use IPv6 ACLs at the
> moment since they just don't support IPv6 addresses in any capacity yet.
> Once the channel drivers have been outfitted to use IPv6 addresses, then
> they'll also, by extension, be able to use IPv6 ACLs.

Right, whatever we do for sip.conf syntax wise will have to be used in manager.conf and other VoIP channel drivers. I just wanted to make sure we don't make any assumptions based on the current sip implementation. ACLs have to work and be easy to understand wherever they appear.

/O