[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Make ACLs IPv6-capable

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Jul 15 13:46:11 CDT 2010

On 07/15/2010 12:27 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 15 jul 2010 kl. 16.15 skrev Simon Perreault:
>

>> Of course Asterisk could gently output a warning when parsing sip.conf
>> if it encounters an ACL starting with ::ffff:... and with a netmask>= 96.
>>
> ACLs are used in many places, let's broaden the scope to not only include the current sip channel.
> We need a solution that will apply for everything that uses ACLs.
>
> /O

I'm not following how what Simon said would only apply to SIP.

The patch I'm writing will make ACLs generally IPv6-capable. The other
channel drivers that use ACLs will not be able to use IPv6 ACLs at the
moment since they just don't support IPv6 addresses in any capacity yet.
Once the channel drivers have been outfitted to use IPv6 addresses, then
they'll also, by extension, be able to use IPv6 ACLs.

Mark Michelson