[asterisk-dev] HumBug - Pre BETA Launch Registration

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 05:20:26 CDT 2010

Hi All,

  I'd like to introduce you to something that we've been working on the
past few months now.
Over the course of the past 6 months, we've been working on developing
an analytical service
for Asterisk based PBX systems. Primarily, currently supporting FreePBX
based PBX systems,
however, can cater to other variants as well.

  So, what is it really about? it's all about your call data and getting
an insight to information
beyond that of merely CDR records. The humbug project aims at providing
a call analytics
service, similar to Google Analytics, without you needing to change
anything in your dialplan
or configuration. Simply insert a small PERL based agent to your
Asterisk PBX system, and
we'll collect the information directly from the manager port. The agent
is fully open sourced,
so you can look into it, make sure we don't do anything malicious and
simply join in.

  As time progresses and more data is accumulated, we'll be launching a
call fraud analysis
services to accompany the analytical service. The analytical services
are totally FREE for you
to use. Just go to the humbug website at http://www.humbuglabs.org and
register. We'll contact
you directly for the agent download. We welcome any critics, advice,
code modifications and
ideas. If' you've encountered fraud issues with your PBX, we'd love to
hear about it, and
analyze your case, so we may add it to our fraud signature database.

  Asterisk PBX makers who wish to integrate humbug services into their
offering are welcome to
do so - just let us know, so we'll know who does what and where :-)

Kind Regards,
  Nir Simionovich
  The Humbug Project