[asterisk-dev] Standardizing CLI commands across modules

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Sat Jul 10 11:29:10 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Umm... 'settings' != 'status'. They are different commands for a reason.
> 'settings' shows the configuration of the module, 'status' shows the
> current condition of the module... or at least that's how it should be.

I would agree, and hope to do just that.  Commands link 'dahdi show
status' would not be changed, since they do like you suggest, show the
condition of dahdi.

However, 'features show' and 'cel show status' could be updated to
'... show settings' since they displaying configuration settings.

--
Paul Belanger | dCAP
Polybeacon | Consultant