[asterisk-dev] Standardizing CLI commands across modules

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Jul 10 09:30:30 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> At the same time of doing that, Joshua Colp created the CLI aliases
> module, and we then created templates for those who wanted templates to match
> other Asterisk versions, such as 1.4 (which many people had grown accustomed to, and
> weren't fans of the CLI commands changing on them).

I am one of those people that get irritated when the commands change on me.  :-)

For any changes that get made for 1.8, please make a new section in the CLI aliases sample configuration file for a "1.6.2 compatibility mode".

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software