[asterisk-dev] ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor. (reulsting in a loop causing: memory leak/high CPU usage)

Julien Chavanton jc at atlastelecom.com
Mon Jul 5 13:41:35 CDT 2010

Hi, I have faced the following problem, only on some servers where interco/dialplan application are different, resulting in a loop that crash servers.

main/channel.c:         ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor.\n");

I have read the posts I could find on the list and made some research, I am running asterisk-1.6.0.9

but looking at asterisk-1.6.2.0 it seems we are looging this as an error still.

I suspect some dead call, cause by glare condition on SIP signaling but even if it was the case, is there a way to protect the server from the loop ?