[asterisk-dev] data over zap channel

Muhammad Ali enigma.ali at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:18:59 CDT 2010

I am locked as far as using zaptel or dahdi is concerned, so i have to do it
using zaptel.

I start reader first, which does not show any output unless it finds any
other than 0xff which is idle line state.

lets say instead of an infinite for loop in the write code, i use for loop
of 10 iterations which execute write 10 times. So i should receive 10 "A" on
the receive side, But its almost always less than 10, usually 5 or 6 or
sometimes 3 even.

i've looked into patloop test, i think its doing exactly the same thing as i
am in the code.

I had a question, do i need to set the channel to "Linear" or "HDLC" for
this functionality ??

BR.
Ali

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 05:01:28PM +0500, Muhammad Ali wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to send custom data over zap channel. for that i have to kill
> > asterisk so the channels arent busy anymore.
> >
> > I am using /dev/zap/channel interface to access channels for reading and
> > writing. The problem i am experiencing is that the number of bytes
> > transmitted is not equal to number of received bytes. i am unable to
> > identify whether it is a problem at transmission end or the reception
> end.
>
> A. Please use DAHDI. DAHDI is the latest version of Zaptel. Zaptel is
> not actively maintained anymore.
>
> Also, take a look at patgen / pattest / patlooptest. Although they use
> odd buffer sizes to increase the chance of catching errors, they
> basically send a simple data stream over a zaptel/dahdi channel.
>
> Anyway, what is the exact output you get from using that program? Who do
> you start first: the writer or the reader?
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com