[asterisk-dev] data over zap channel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 3 07:45:51 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 05:01:28PM +0500, Muhammad Ali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send custom data over zap channel. for that i have to kill
> asterisk so the channels arent busy anymore.
>
> I am using /dev/zap/channel interface to access channels for reading and
> writing. The problem i am experiencing is that the number of bytes
> transmitted is not equal to number of received bytes. i am unable to
> identify whether it is a problem at transmission end or the reception end.

A. Please use DAHDI. DAHDI is the latest version of Zaptel. Zaptel is
not actively maintained anymore.

Also, take a look at patgen / pattest / patlooptest. Although they use
odd buffer sizes to increase the chance of catching errors, they
basically send a simple data stream over a zaptel/dahdi channel.

Anyway, what is the exact output you get from using that program? Who do
you start first: the writer or the reader?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com