[asterisk-dev] question about queue stats and queue reload.

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Jul 1 10:15:29 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> Ron Arts <ron.arts at netland.nl> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to know why the queue stats are reset on a queue reload.
> > According to russelb this is intentional behaviour (see
> > https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16353)
>
> I don't read russelb's statement that way, but perhaps he can clarify.

If my memory serves me correctly ...

In older versions of Asterisk, the stats were cleared on a reload.  The 'keepstats' option allowed you to have it not do that.

In newer versions, that behavior was removed (along with the option), since it didn't really make sense to be tied to configuration reload at all.  It is now controlled exclusively by the CLI command for resetting stats.

If in 1.6.2, the stats are still being cleared on a reload, I would consider that a bug.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software