[asterisk-dev] question about queue stats and queue reload.

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Jul 1 08:32:33 CDT 2010

Ron Arts <ron.arts at netland.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know why the queue stats are reset on a queue reload.
> According to russelb this is intentional behaviour (see
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16353)

I don't read russelb's statement that way, but perhaps he can clarify.

> But it breaks our setup, where we do a reload several times a day.
> And I can't understand why the queue stats aren't preserved
> across reloads, especially because there is a separate
> 'queue reset stats ' CLI command.

To me it looks like the default is intended to be that queue stats are
preserved across reloads, and that keepstats is therefore unnecessary.
Since queue stats obviously aren't preserved (else you wouldn't be
writing to the list), Asterisk has a bug. So you should open a new bug
separate from 16353.

/Benny