[asterisk-dev] GSoC 2010

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jan 26 18:52:38 CST 2010

Greetings,

Google's Summer of Code (GSoC) program is on again for 2010 [1].  The
organization application period is March 8th - March 12th.  I plan on
putting in an application for the Asterisk project again this year.  In
the mean time, I would like everyone to think about a couple of things.

First, I'd like those that are committers in the Asterisk project to
consider your interest and availability for being a mentor.  If you'd
like to discuss this in any detail, feel free to contact me directly.

Second, we need to build a project ideas list.  Projects that are good
candidates for this list are very well defined and are appropriate in
scope for a student with programming experience, but potentially little
or no Asterisk experience to complete in a Summer.  Feel free to throw
out ideas now, but I will also bring it up again closer to the
application date.

Thanks,

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/thread/d839c0b02ac15b3f

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software