[asterisk-dev] Review board #464 - is it contributed with proper license

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Jan 26 02:21:27 CST 2010

On Tuesday 26 January 2010 00:57:22 Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> The code in review board issue #464 has no reference to an open issue in
> issues.asterisk.org. I haven't checked, but there's a risk that this code
> is not properly licensed.

No, there isn't.  You cannot post a patch on reviewboard unless you have
a signed license on Mantis, and the license has been accepted.

> I think it's a flaw in the process that non-committers can post code on
> reviewboard without a reference to the license.

It's implicit that the license has already been signed.

> There's also no process -
> who takes it further. Maybe we should have a process where code is first
> discussed in issues.asterisk.org and only a committer pre-commit posts it
> and manage the review-board process. Having two different systems for
> people to post patches is confusing.

We strongly encourage people to post their patches on Reviewboard, as it's
a great tool for reviewing changes.  One of our developers even posts his own
patches and critiques them himself, because it makes the review of the whole
body much easier.

--
Tilghman Lesher