[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] tilghman: branch 1.4 r242423 - /branches/1.4/pbx/Makefile

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sat Jan 23 23:55:57 CST 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010 11:45:22 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > Unfortunately, since we require arguments to be passed to subdirectories,
> > that command does not work.  We may need to further think about how we're
> > going to rebuild those, when necessary, because what was there did not
> > work and caused confusion.  See
> > https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14629
>
> What was there does work, and I don't see any notes in that bug about it
> causing confusion.

Not explicitly, but this bugnote shows that someone did not realize what the
magic command was to rebuild his source files:
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=14629#117016

> When I posted that command earlier today I missed an important bit...
> here's an example of how it works properly prior to the change you
>
> committed:
> > kpfleming at kildare:~/svn/asterisk/1.4$ make ASTTOPDIR=`pwd` -C pbx
> > ael/ael_lex.c make: Entering directory
> > `/home/kpfleming/svn/asterisk/1.4/pbx'
> > (cd ael; flex ael.flex; sed -i -e "/begin standard C headers/i#include
> > \"asterisk.h\"" ael_lex.c) (cd ael; sed 's@#if __STDC_VERSION__ >=
> > 199901L@#if !defined __STDC_VERSION__ || __STDC_VERSION__ >= 199901L@'
> > ael_lex.c > zz; mv zz ael_lex.c) make: Leaving directory
> > `/home/kpfleming/svn/asterisk/1.4/pbx'
>
> It has worked this way for quite a long time, since the ast_expr2 stuff
> was added to main (which also means if we are going to change the way
> the bison/flex files are processed, those need to be changed as well).

Right, that's the extra argument that we require to the subdirectory to make
it work.  While it's great that WE know how to make that happen, we need to
ensure that others ALSO know.

--
Tilghman Lesher