[asterisk-dev] AMI call on hold (new topic)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 7 17:12:51 CST 2010

Chris Mylonas wrote:

> Firstly,
> Your detailed 1, 1.1, 1.2, 2, 2.1 format of describing call states and
> call actions are extremely handy
> Do they exist in some kind of documentation for asterisk or parts
> thereof?  Or did you whip this out from the top of your head?

Near, but not quite, the top of my head :-) I'm not aware of any
specific document that spells things out in quite that way, it's mostly
just based on an understanding of how things work in Asterisk.

> This being the case, and without testing, could I just spoof the address
> of the phone and send the SIP message myself and fool asterisk into
> placing the channel on hold and create pseudo-3PCC?

Nope; you'd need a number of details from the existing SIP dialog to
even be able to fake the re-INVITE message as if the phone sent it, and
you'd have to be able to ACK the 200 OK response from Asterisk. In
addition, Asterisk's idea of the call state would no longer match the
phone's idea of the call state, which could easily lead to very bizarre
behavior.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com