[asterisk-dev] Sub Address support for CDR logs

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Jan 7 04:48:12 CST 2010

"Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> writes:

> Modifying a CDR field will lead to a revolution in the user base.
> Especially changing src and dst. If we do that, it has to be optional.

It doesn't seem so bad since the new format only applies to calls
involving ISDN subaddresses. Those calls could not be made at all
before, so there is not really any backwards compatibility concern.

Whether it's a good idea to add a magic divider in the CDR field is
debatable though. What happens if ISDN somehow becomes capable of
alphanumeric dialing? If colon becomes a valid character, the CDR's are
ambiguous. Perhaps that is unrealistic.

/Benny