[asterisk-dev] Sub Address support for CDR logs

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 7 03:24:31 CST 2010

Now in trunk we have ISDN subaddress support.
    Using a dial format along the lines of DIAL(dahdi/g0/5555678:5678) where
5555678 is the main number of the remote site, and 5678 is the extension
(device) at the remote site.
    You can set your subaddress before calling with function
CALLERID(subaddr).

The issue is with the CDR, we currently record the 'src' and the 'dst' and
I'm proposing the 'dnid' as well, but all these fields are missing the
subaddress.
DNID proposal https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/455/

If a subaddress was present for a field I'm suggesting
    'clid' would then look like "CALLER NAME" <5551234:1234> instead of
"CALLER NAME" <5551234>
    'src' would then look like 5551234:1234 instead of 5551234
    proposed 'dnid'  would look like 5555678:5678
    'dst' would then look like 5555678:5678 instead of 5555678

The question is.
    Do we add a new field for calling and called subaddresses, or do we
modify existing fields as suggested above?

After seeing how easy adding the 'dnid' field was, I'm actually in favour of
adding fields, then if the underlying database has the corresonding field it
will be populated, with mysql any way.

Alec Davis