[asterisk-dev] New wildcards for pattern matching

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu Feb 25 12:28:38 CST 2010

> On Thursday 25 February 2010 12:05:53 Steve Murphy wrote:
> > >
> > > That's a shame - I was hoping to use it to indicate exactly one ascii
> > > char - oh and also an 'A' wildcard for one alphanumeric char!
> >
> > A would seem more for just Alphabetic chars, wouldn't it? But who the heck
> > would just want an
> > alpha and exclude a number also? So A standing for alpha-num is a good
> > choice also.
>
> No, it's not.  A, B, C, and D are legitimate DTMF characters, just like 0-9,
> *, and #.  They should not be used as pattern match characters.

Hi!
  As well as E and F, which are legitimate SS7 dialling characters  - SS7
uses full hexadecimal dialling, and especially E digit is extensively used
on SS7 trunks for network routing numbers (NRN), operator routing numbers (ORN)
and other intra-network or inter-network cases, at least here in Europe.
  With regards, Pavel