[asterisk-dev] Bounty

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Feb 25 09:35:46 CST 2010

CDR I concur. I have ran in to the same issue as well. With three of our
five carriers. Two of the three are names we would all recognize. I have
fought with them on this issue and they tell me that it happens when they
are terminating to other voip vendors and the vendor is no responding in a
timely manner.  The other two carriers are terminating to PRI only so we
don't have the issue with them.  It is very frustrating as customers call
to ream us and there is currently nothing I can do. A first-ring timeout
parameter as proposed that would also set a variable stating that the
first-ring timeout occurred would be great. It would remove a massive thorn
in my side.
I have been racking my brain on this issue for months and somthing as
simple as this would solve the issue.

Bryant / zktech