[asterisk-dev] Bounty

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:59:21 CST 2010

I need a new Timeout parameter added to the Dial application, for SIP
dialing. The new timeout would be "first-ring" timeout, as opposed to
timeout for connection. If we don't get a 180 Ringing message before a
certain amount of seconds, the call fails. This a needed addition to
Asterisk. I need this in version 1.4 and cannot wait the normal time for a
"new feature" process to complete. The rationale is clear: many carriers
will hold the call indefinitely, instead of returning a 503. If the call is
ringing, then I don't care if it rings for 60 seconds, but if there is no
ringback before 6 seconds, I need yo try another carrier and move on.

Please contact me at nine five four 444 seven 4 zero 8