[asterisk-dev] Asterisk AGI Playback FF and Playback REW

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Feb 18 16:42:31 CST 2010

Jared

Thanks for your response. How do I get setup on the asterisk-biz  mailin
list?

I believe the ControlPlayback gives me the same ability as the CONTROL
STREAM FILE agi command.

I have been testing with (CONTROL STREAM FILE). The issue I have with it is
I need to be able to switch the modes to keep track of playback state. If a
user hits the FF,  REV or Pause keys.I don't get state updates. So I can't
maintain playback states in my AGI application.

I need a version of
    (STREAM FILE) That would take several additional options. MODE (Play,
FF, REV)  and RATE (skipms) The default for MODE would be PLAY  With this
command I could send in my escape digits to the keys that I want for Stop,
Pause, Play, FF, REV and then when the user presses one of the digits I
could re-enter the (STREAM FILE) in the last position using the correct
mode.

I have looked at the c code for the CONTROL STREAM FILE and the STREAM FILE
commands and believe most of the ability is already there between the two
of them. The STREAM FILE just needs to be reworked with the additional
options and ability. Based on my design the STREAM FILE could be modified
using optional settings and not break any existing AGI apps. This provides
a higher level of playback control without having to add more AGI functions
and with no impact on users not interested in the enhanced STREAM FILE
ability.

Any feed back is appreciated.
Thanks
Bryant / zktech