[asterisk-dev] The fate of 16033

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 17 08:27:58 CST 2010

17 feb 2010 kl. 15.16 skrev Russell Bryant:

> With that level of activity, it's not surprising that we fall behind on
> some of the issues.  I'm not happy about it, but I don't think it's a
> process or policy problem.  I think it's primarily a resource issue.
Agreed.

> If anyone is looking for ways to help out with our issue tracker, please
> talk to Leif Madsen (lmadsen at digium.com).  :-)

Please do that - we need more people that act as a bug tracker "reception", not solving issues or coding or anything - just making sure that all the data is in the report and that the reporter gets some kind of human confirmation, not just a flag moved to something else. Acting as a filter so that developers get complete bug reports not the  "this Asterisk thingy doesn't work, I can't call my mom" type of reports or configuration questions. You help us focus and you learn a lot. I did this myself for a long time and accidentally learned stuff that ended up being part of dCAP...

If you have time and want to join the project more actively, this is a perfect entry point. As a bug marshal, you have the unique right to bug any developer and ask questions in ways no one else can :-)

Contact Leif today! Don't hesitate. This is a unique offer. Sign up now!

And thank you for helping us.

/O