[asterisk-dev] The fate of 16033

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 17 02:51:47 CST 2010

17 feb 2010 kl. 09.40 skrev Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson:

> This issue is certainly a bug, so it might go into branches as a fix, if my understanding of the policy is correct. Since having reported it against 1.6.1.6, I see no activity around it.
>
> When I upgrade Asterisk, I am submitting patches against the new revision to that ticket (as I have to maintain the fix), and with hope already faltering that it would make it in sooner or later.
>
> Will it? Anything on my side I can do for it, I will.
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16033

THank you for being stubborn. I can't believe that you opened this in October last year and haven't received any feedback. That means that some policies in regards to how we handle contributions or how existing policies are executed should be reviewed. It's easy for me to say, since I currently has no time or funding to work with the bug tracker and can just blame "someone else" and protect myself with a SEP field from dirt thrown back at me.

I would have liked for someone to have added a quick note saying "thanks for contributing! You're on hold" so you know that the bug tracker is still alive...

Having said that -  Thanks for contributing and please stay on hold. Somone will handle your bug report soon.

On a side note - to catch attention from the right people you want to add proper information in the subject. If you had said "SIP autocreatepeer issue #16033" I would have read it earlier. Now, there was a huge risk that I just delete it in an overflowing mailbox. I can't judge your code, but from your bug report it seems like there is a bug to check for in all releases of Asterisk, not only the ones you are pointing out. I don't think the autocreatepeer code has changed much in many, many years.

Best regards,
/O