[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] tilghman: trunk r246789 - in /trunk: apps/ build_tools/ channels/ main/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 16 06:24:46 CST 2010

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> I'm always interested in hearing about new tools.  Currently, ccache does not
> appear to be currently used or detected in the build.  I can certainly look
> into that, though, if you think that it provides a superior utility.

ccache is not a tool that is intended to be 'used or detected' in the
build; it's a compiler wrapper that provides acceleration for
compilation of code that was previously compiled with the same
compiler/options/flags/etc. With the number of times I've mentioned it
in our weekly meetings I'm surprised you haven't looked into it... it's
a major time saver for Asterisk development.

Since this functionality you've added is pretty much targeted directly
at Asterisk core developers (and not users who are just building
Asterisk for their production systems), and it has ongoing maintenance
issues, I'd like to see it reverted until such time as it can be
determined that it is the best way to solve the problem.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com