[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] tilghman: trunk r246789 - in /trunk: apps/ build_tools/ channels/ main/

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Feb 15 23:29:29 CST 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 19:41:02 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
> > -		<member name="DEBUG_THREADLOCALS" displayname="Enable
> > Thread-Local-Storage Debugging"> +		<member name="DEBUG_THREADLOCALS"
> > displayname="Enable Thread-Local-Storage Debugging"
> > touch_on_change="include/asterisk/strings.h">
>
> This change does not excite me, to say the least. This now means that
> this list must be kept up to date if DEBUG_THREADLOCALS is used in any
> other place in the code, and if a community developer (or user) adds in
> their own modules but doesn't realize the module is not listed here,
> they could get unexpected behavior.

I've added a few other targets to this define that should fix this problem.

> If the goal of this change is to make rebuilds faster after changing
> these flags, for modules where the flag change doesn't change the code,
> the ccache tool is the correct solution for that problem. It works every
> time, and it does not require any declarative or advance knowledge of
> which code is affected and which are not.

I'm always interested in hearing about new tools.  Currently, ccache does not
appear to be currently used or detected in the build.  I can certainly look
into that, though, if you think that it provides a superior utility.

--
Tilghman Lesher