[asterisk-dev] zero-or-more match

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Wed Feb 10 11:57:27 CST 2010

Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 11:16 AM, Jason Parker wrote:
>> Obviously there are some questions that would need to be answered (for instance,
>> I realize that my pseudo-syntax above could conflict with callerid matching)
>> before much time is spent on it, but is this something that would make sense?
>> Is it actually worth spending time on?
>
> Real regex support in the dialplan would be quite awesome, in my
> opinion.  However, I think it would have to be something that doesn't
> conflict with existing "exten =>" behavior.  We could call it ...
> "rexten =>" or something.
>
> Or we could work on ways to make it even easier to use a real
> programming language for dialplan programming instead of another big
> extension to our own ...

Are you suggesting that we expand AGI to include extension matching as well? It
seems reasonable to me. The AGI script would be run with the raw extension and
the context passed in. The AGI would then be responsible for executing the code
it wishes to. There are already "exec," "getvariable," and "setvariable" AGI
commands to run dialplan applications and functions, too.

Mark Michelson