[asterisk-dev] zero-or-more match

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Feb 10 11:31:01 CST 2010

On 02/10/2010 11:16 AM, Jason Parker wrote:
> Obviously there are some questions that would need to be answered (for instance,
> I realize that my pseudo-syntax above could conflict with callerid matching)
> before much time is spent on it, but is this something that would make sense?
> Is it actually worth spending time on?

Real regex support in the dialplan would be quite awesome, in my
opinion.  However, I think it would have to be something that doesn't
conflict with existing "exten =>" behavior.  We could call it ...
"rexten =>" or something.

Or we could work on ways to make it even easier to use a real
programming language for dialplan programming instead of another big
extension to our own ...

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software